What We Do > DV Offenders
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OFFENDERS
DECIDE...a program for change
You can DECIDE to build strong relationships without abuse, controlling behaviors or violence.
SLIDING FEE SCALE AVAILABLE
DECIDE can help if youanswer YES to any of the following questions ...
• Do you find that the more you try to control things the more things get out of control?
• Has more than one person mentioned to you that you have an anger problem?
• Have you insulted your partner by calling her names, or said things that caused her to feel uncomfortable, embarrassed or afraid?
• Have you criticized, made fun of, or shamed a child?
• Do you pressure your partner or children to do things your way?
• Have you ever threatened to harm your partner or a child, or threatened the people, pets or belongings important to them?
• Have you ever become physical with your partner or a child when you were angry?
• Do you have strong feelings of jealousy or suspicion about other people who interact with your partner?
• Has your partner, or a child, ever been afraid of you?
• Do you ever notice yourself repeating behaviors that you witnessed in your home growing up that upset you as a child?
• If you treated your friends or co-workers the same way you treat your partner or the mother of your children, would you still have friends or a job?
DECIDE offers the following services:
• Education Group
• Case Management Support
• Community Education
• Professional In-Service Training
DECIDE is an educational intervention program for abusive individuals that can help you ...
• understand that you CAN change
• work on overcoming feelings and attitudes that drive controlling and abusive behaviors
• develop respectfuI ways of interacting and communicating even when under stress
• learn to resolve conflict without abuse or violence
• learn how to be a great role model and parent to a child
DECIDE ... an educational program for change is based on the beliefs that:
• Abuse and interpersonal violence are learned behaviors that can be unlearned.
• Abuse and interpersonal violence are social problems requiring changes at individual, institutional and cultural levels.
• Domestic abuse is a pattern of pressure or force used to maintain power and control in a relationship.
• Domestic abuse can be emotional, psychological, physical, sexual or financial.Domestic abuse destroys relationships and families.
• Domestic abuse harms children's emotional, psychological and medical well being.
DECIDE is a program of DASI DOMESTIC ABUSE & SEXUAL ASSAULT INTERVENTION SERVICES
DASI is a non-profit, domestic and sexual violence services agency located in Sussex County, NJ.
DECIDE is supported by the NJ Department of Children & Families, Division of Family &
Community Partnerships, Office of Domestic Violence Services
DECIDE is not an anger management or therapy group.